Monday, January 3, 2011

Here a tangle, there a tangle....

I admit it...I'm addicted to Zentangles!  My friend Loretta introduced me to this art form during a get together with some fellow artists a few years ago.  Little did I know I'd soon have stacks of paper and about a million Micron pens, all over my house.   Of course, any normal person only needs a few sheets of paper and one pen but I don't do normal.


For those who don't know, Zentangle is a very detailed looking drawing that is built one stoke at a time.  Simple designs are combined to create amazing pieces of art. It was developed  by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas as a tool to be used by both artists and non-artists.  But the best part is it helps focus your mind, lowers your stress and builds confidence.  
Here's a butterfly I did recently.  


I'll be adding more more tangles but in the meantime, visit zentangle.com to get more information about the process and see some truly wonderful examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment