Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm Back!

My intentions were good.  Start a blog and share lots of great stuff with my internet friends.  Then LIFE happened.  Not anything earth-shattering...just everyday life.  Next thing I know, it's almost a year and I haven't posted a darn thing.  Not that I haven't had lots to share...it's just that sitting-down-and-posting thing!

With that said...I'm going to be a bit less ambitious.  I will not post everyday but when I have something great to share, I'll be right here...words and pictures!

Today I've posted some of my recent mixed media pieces.    Yes, I know Christmas is over but I just wanted to share before the new year starts.
This cool Christmas Tree was made on a canvas with paper background, layered with paint, Glimmer Mist, and glitter. Then I piled on rolled sheet music, ribbon, cardboard, more paper and paint. I used my favorite tools...stencils, bubble wrap, key cards, whatever I found laying around.  This is my new favorite thing to do these days.


I created these as ad samples for Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames in Grass Valley. I love using papers from Authentique. Those cute little girls are my granddaughters.  We had to pretend it was Christmas time to get these great pictures (it was about 90 degrees that day)  Worth it, I'd say!
.  


And last, but not least for today, is a rolled flower wreath.  This one made from old dictionary pages.  I rolled and rolled, then rolled some more to make enough to cover the form.  Added a bow and it's done.  During the Christmas season, the bow was changed to Christmas colors and is still on display at Ben's.  I've done about a million (or may a hundred) demos on making these fun and easy flowers.  Yet, when I'm ready to move to something else, someone comes along and wants to know how to do this.  So out come the scissors, paper and petal roller, and I'm off again!  

Enough for today but I'll be back again...PROMISE!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back dear friend! I have missed you. As you already know, I love all of your creations.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Cory/Dogwood

    ReplyDelete